South Pasadena

Courtesy of Tampa Bay Beaches Chamber of Commerce

In 1942, eight buildings and one main street, known then as Pass-A-Grille Way, comprised our small city of South Pasadena. Tourists, travelers, and sight-seers were attracted to shimmering bluish-green waters of Boca Ciega Bay, tall Australian pines and swampy jungles that housed raccoons, wild cats, and birds of all kinds. In 1948, local businessmen decided that police and fire protection were needed for its 23 residents; hence Coreytown was born.

Back in the 1920’s, the William D. McAdoo toll bridge extended from the waters edge of Villagrande Avenue to the shores of 87th Avenue on St. Pete Beach. The bridge was the main thoroughfare for traffic to the beaches. In 1951, The Circuit Court dissolved Coreytown because it failed to get 25 freeholders to turn out for an election. The City of South Pasadena was incorporated on July 1, 1955 with 150 residents, one policeman and a meeting hall. Maynard Duryea became the first mayor, laying the foundation for a new era…

Address: 7047 Sunset Drive South, South Pasadena, FL 33707
Phone: 727-347-4171
Website: http://www.mysouthpasadena.com/
Mayor: Dan Calabria